Print

His best known work is probably the large pebble stone composition in the administrative building of Soest County (Kreishaus), which Kükelhaus created in 1958 and introduced in the newspaper Soester Anzeiger under the title of "Full fragance of life" (June 20, 1958). Though the impact of this sculpture can no longer be experienced in its original sensation, in its time it was the wall decor of a staircase that lead from the entry lobby to the upper floor.

At the renovation and redesign of the county building years ago the staircase was removed with the result that today the footprint of this wall mosaic appears random to the unknowing observer.

Sometime later Kükelhaus installed a similar wall assembly in the administrative building of the German Scientific Foundation in Bonn. He made an effort to always use stones from regional sources.

wandmosaik3

Survey          next - Petri Church